Monday, December 21, 2009

Look at that...

So my plan is/was to stick with posting every day and I missed the first official day. I have a good excuse though, nothing went as planned and it was far from a diet approved day.

I had a long talk with my 'sister' (best friend from high school) and told her about my recent conclusions, the decision to start this blog, my starter plans and slightly longer term plans. Well, like anyone else, she had her own opinions and felt the need to voice them and tell me it was all bad and wrong. Don't get me wrong, I love her just like I would if she were a real sister, which is just it, we feel comfortable enough to voice any and all opinions even if they're unsolicited or wrong.

The first to steps of my weight loss plan are easy.

1)take care of myself. "What?" you say, "Isn't that common sense?" Well, typically it is but there's more to it. You see, as of late I've fallen in to a bit of a slump. I mean seriously, I'm fat and miserable and it's obvious I've quit caring in general so then I chose to quit caring all together. I would go days with out showering, as long as I didn't have serious bed-head in the morning then it passed as ok hair for the entire day with maybe just a quick comb through, and then to top it off 'comfy' clothes because my every day wear instead of just occasional. So I am starting this process by caring again. That starts with showers every day, occasionally every other, fixing my hair and face every day too, and then caring about how my clothing looks as well.

2) drink more water. Again, very basic but I think most of us can admit that we're not always the best about making sure we take in enough every day. I used to be really good about it and have gone back and forth over the years but now it's time to get serious again.

To go with the water intake I'm going to work on decreasing my soda and other beverages consumption. To start I'm going to a 1 every other day limit. For instance, today I didn't have any so tomorrow I can have one if I decide I really need to and then the following day (providing I do have one) then I will make a point to not have any the next day. I will do this until next week and then attempt to increase the days with out to 2 for every 1 day of having some.

Where's the exercise routine? Where's the calorie counting? Where's the diet!?!?!? I hate to disappoint but if that's what you're wanting to see right now then be prepared to be disappointed, at least for another week or so. Seriously, it's the holidays and I'm not stupid enough to think I can start a serious diet days before Christmas and if you think you can then I will just start laughing now. You may succeed but the chances of it are very slim so stop deluding yourself.

I may attempt to start a very low key work out routine directly after Christmas and then move up a bit after the new year. This is actually where the controversy came in to play with my friend. My plan, to get myself started on making a point to do something every day, is to start with the getting on the treadmill daily. Because I have so many problems with my knees I can't do any form of running, a fast walk is the most. I will start with 15-30min a day and go from there. Her big issue was carrying on that that would be over doing it and I could put myself at risk of injury. Are you serious? Now, if I was suggesting starting off with 1-2hrs a day every day then I could understand but I'm suggesting a shorter time then most people spend walking through a store for, well, anything. Once I start adding in more than the treadmill then I will base my treadmill time and days on my other work outs but until then it's just me and a giant motorized, flattened, human approved, hampster wheel.

I will try to give it a week or 2 of doing that regularly and see how I feel, if all is going well and I'm able to stick with it then I will be adding in some yoga in the mornings. A nice low key, low impact, but serious work out.

I'm really hoping that the combo of all of those things and watching more of what I eat after the holidays will give me the new kickstart I need and get me on the road to a thinner, happier and healthier me.

The Diet Tester

No comments:

Post a Comment