Friday, January 8, 2010

hhmmm

Where've I been? Really, I'm asking, do you know where I've been? I think I got lost along the way some where but I'm finding my way again.

Corny? Yep, I think so too but I'm kind of of the mind of just saying what comes to me.

I'm still going with the Acai Cleanse and that's not going bad, but I don't think it's doing any good either. I had actually gained some more weight and was up to 137lbs but am proud to report that as of this morning I'm back down to 135.4lbs. Do I think it has anything to do with the acai? No, I really don't. Will I keep taking it? Yes only because it's a 2 week course and I can't truly say it doesn't do anything if I don't do it the entire set time. The one thing I can say for it though is that it helps to 'clean' you out and after the first couple of days it really just helps to keep you regular, but if you over eat or have heavy fats it 'cleans' even more. My colon ought to look pretty nice after all of this.

In my neck of the woods we are experiencing a serious cold stretch. Normally I would've said cold snap but a snap is fast, this is not going fast but lasting for way too long. I've had knee issues for as long as I can remember, even as a child I had week, water filled, knees and the constant sub-zero temps is not being very kind to me. For this reason I've been limited on just what I can do in way of work outs but I am at least making a point to do some stretches and as many stationary workouts I can do that don't require bending my knees with my full weight on them.

When I looked in the mirror today as I was fixing my hair I realized that I can already see a small change in my face, it doesn't look as puffy which really made me happy.

When it comes to this blog and my posts I've realized that I over-shot in my plan to post results every day. It's not happening. I'm sure I could make a point to do it but in the end it's the fact that all you would read is me saying the same thing over and over, I ate food today, did a minimal work out, not going to weigh again until Friday, blah blah blah. I don't even want to read that dribble every day, I'd rather have better posts every few days that really give some personal insight on the affordable diet options on the market today and how they work for me at least, a real person.

So, now that my acai cleanse is getting closer to it's end and I've started watching what I'm eating more I figure I'll get my mental work out as well and read some good books on nutrition, dieting and exercise. The 3 main books that I have set aside to start on are 'You on a Diet' by Dr Oz, 'Mindless Eating, Why We Eat More Than We Think' by Brian Wansink, and 'Living Yoga, Creating a Life Practice' by Christy Turlington. Each has it's own purpose and merits, the You book is a great book on how to control ourselves and making lifestyle changes rather than being on a diet for the rest of your life. The Mindless book is more o fa perspective and research book on the ingredients in our food that cause us to feel hungry more often and eat more. The Yoga book is actually a background and informational book on the purpose and uses of Yoga as well as instructional on how to do it and to do it right. My reading time can be a bit limited so don't expect huge book reports on all 3 in a week but as I'm reading them I'll try to keep updates on those too and my personal thoughts on them.

So stayed tuned until next time my fellow dieters!

The Diet Tester

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I had not heard of them yet but thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete